Thursday, November 3, 2011

Familiarity...

...breeds contempt?

Or so they said. But from my own personal experience, I have to somewhat acknowledge this piece of saying.

Because perhaps it is not improbable that the longer you know someone, the more faults you'd find in them. And this doesn't necessarily have to be applied to fault finders - do this little experiment and think of someone you know for a long time, and see how many times you have skirmishes/disagreement/fight with them. Family members doesn't count by the way, since they're there for a long time to count as someone you eventually build up your relationship with.

'cause I have reserve a list of some people that I'd smack them if I was given the chance. Not because I hate them or anything - it's just that after knowing them for some time, it is so much easier for my annoyed button to be triggered. That's all.

Annoying annoyed annoying annoyed annoyer annoying annoy. ANNOYING.


It's not getting so much to the point of me avoiding social contact, but by now I certainly
understand why some would do so.

And I feel so pathetic for having these nagging thoughts for a while, bahhh.

1 comment:

  1. It's true..

    The longer you know them and/or the more special they become to you, the more difficult it gets to speak up and say "hey, I really don't like the way you think about this or do this, etc."

    Granted, I have less than a handful of people who fit that criteria, so I'm not about to mouth off and risk upsetting them..

    ReplyDelete