Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Some random (quasi) philosphical musing again

It might be obvious from some of my last few ramblings, but I'm interested - or, you could even say, obsessed - with the whole notion of how transient the human life is.

That is of course not saying much, since I'm more or less still stuck with some necessary chores and obligation for this short lifetime of mine. But at the very least, I try to stick by to the principle of Carpe Diem - seize the day - as much as I can. Live with no regrets, and all that.

And somewhat at the same time, I've begin to develop an interest in the philosophy of existentialism. Again, this isn't saying much, but it does seems to me a philosophy which strikes closer to home for men as opposed to nihilism (although it does seems those two are closely related).

I don't understand many many MANY of the things in this world (even the simpler ones - especially real time events and 'common senses'), but I'm keeping an open mind. I like to think - except that it somewhat take a toll in those little 'everyday' stuff which most people would take as self evident. But it's all right, I'll persevere.

Talking (or more to the point, listening) to people excites me, how they relate their stories, experiences, point of views.

Somewhere out there, there are actually a lot of people who shares your thoughts and views. The question is how to find them, and when you do, how to relate everything to a bigger picture.

In the meantime, I'll keep on writing. And thinking. These somewhat drives me forward. I can't afford to let myself stagnate - I refuse to. And be it may that it turns off other people, or if they find it barely comprehensible, but this is my way.



Quasi philosophical musing again. Think. Write. Reflect. Act. Seize the day.

Gosh.


1 comment:

  1. Mm, I'm very interested in the school of existentialism too. I need to read the writings of more people.

    I hope we can find the people you mentioned in the second-to-last paragraph.

    Keep on askin' and reflectin'.

    ReplyDelete