Thursday, March 1, 2012

Changes

Changes. I've seen people changed, seemingly forgetting the past memories and the relationship they shared with others. I've seen people who have turned into entirely different person, for better and/or worse.

And to look at myself, I've changed as well. Changed quite a lot, for better and for worse. Some entirely due to my own will, some as a result of adapting to the environment around me.

Changes: is it good or bad?

Changes are unfortunately, inevitable. The problem is when we assigned values and merits to the changes, comparing it with the past. Changes are necessary, for stagnation means death.

But when I say that, I wonder how the same could be applied to human feelings. Yes, our feelings changes over time, and that is what hurts. It brings out the cliched phrase 'things aren't the way they were before'.

Now I've long finished with my Degree study, and currently working before I continue my Master study. No doubt, my perspective to people (and their to me) have changed drastically since then. What does the future hold, and what more circumstances would bring about changes?

I await the moment when marriage, raising children, growing up old and sick, and being dead as being the milestones which bring about further changes.

Changes: is it good or bad?



Chill to my left and fever to my right
if at least I could leave something behind here…
Since when did I dry up and lose everything?
Why is everyone so far away?



Would you promise me
Things they'd never change
Could you promise me
That things they'd stay the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment